Graphic Designer Internship Position
What will you be doing?
For this design- and creative-intensive role, a successful candidate will be highly detail-oriented, have substantive creative visual concept experience. Candidates are expected to expand the company’s digital footprint and drive more value by creating engaging and on-brand graphics for a variety of social media platforms. This position requires a high level of creativity in order to understand how to communicate brands visually and effectively. The Intern will promote the work of the SCS Department, ETL Department and various ongoing ad-hoc projects as well as upcoming departments. In addition, the candidate is expected to have solid organisational and time management skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and quickly learn new concepts and activities. The PR and Communications intern will:
- Create and send weekly PR newsletter for the ETL and SCS Departments – internally and externally (SendGrid / MailChimp – experience is a plus, not mandatory).
- Conceptualize visuals and PR content based on requirements
- Assisting with social media and blog posts
- Work on booklets and media material to support the Department’s work (familiarity with Adobe suite, Affinity suite, or equivalent is required).
- Consolidate, develop and maintain the house style guide.
- Tracking social media campaigns and promotion insights
- Engage organisations in media partnerships and expand the external network together with the PR and Communications Department.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with a strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics showing creative, design and software skills illustrated through a portfolio (previous work experience is not required). In addition, we are looking for the following aspects:
- Knowledge of design and visual principles
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as but not limited to Adobe Suite, Affinity Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- You have outstanding interpersonal and communications skills and can express your ideas openly and constructively
- You are fluent in English (any additional language is a plus) and you possess excellent writing and editing skills
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously and good time management
- You are a quick learner, confident to work independently and in an enthusiastic team
Ultimately, we are looking for someone that will help us share our progress, stories, lessons, and name internationally. For this internship position, you have to either be enrolled in a university for the duration of your internship or have recently graduated from a university.
What do we offer
We fully support remote working and are working remotely (until October*), but we have an office in The Hague, The Netherlands, where you can base yourself from if you would like. In addition to a flexible work schedule, we provide you with an inspiring, collaborative and exciting intellectual environment where you will work with other like-minded individuals. We follow a strict flat organisational structure where we value freedom and dissent. To fully enable this, we also practise radical transparency in how we work – especially in decision-making. The Invictus Corporation offers you with excellent networking opportunities and valuable working experience that can help you build and refine your skill set.
What does an ideal candidate look like?
In addition to fulfilling the requirements, an ideal candidate would be an individual who carries themselves with honesty and integrity. They are altruistic in nature and not only professional in their conduct but are also willing to undertake challenges. We also place great value on one’s ability to work in a team and establish healthy professional relationships.
*COVID-19 update: In light of the new guidance issued by the Dutch government, selected candidates will have the option to work remotely.